This week’s Booking Through Thursday is a book meme…
What was the last book you bought?
- The Song of Hannah and The Garden of Ruth by Eva Etzioni-Halevy
Name a book you have read MORE than once
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck and the Harry Potter series
Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
- Diary of Anne Frank, Schindler’s List
How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
- All three actually. I will pick a book off the shelf because of cover design though.
Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
- Fiction most definitely!
What’s more important in a novel – beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
- I like to have both but I do love a gripping plot that grabs me and doesn’t let go to the end.
Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
- Scarlett O’Hara-I just loved her!
Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
- Oh my goodness, quite a few. The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, The Professors’ Wives’ Club by Joanne Rendell, The Safety of Secrets by DeLaune Michel, Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay-there’s a couple of others but my memory isn’t what it used to be and I can’t remember what they are.
What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
- Nefertiti by Michelle Moran and that was yesterday that I reviewed it. My review is here.
Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
- Yes-Atlas Shrugged and I wasn’t even halfway through.