Archives for November 2008
- Day 1 here at Toni’s A Circle of Books and here at Peeking Between the Pages
- Day 2 here at Toni’s A Circle of Books and here at Peeking Between the Pages
- Day 3 here at Toni’s A Circle of Books and here at Peeking Between the Pages
- Day 4 here at Toni’s A Circle of Books and here at Peeking Between the pages
- Day 5-the wrap up above
Tune in tomorrow for my full review of the book and then Sunday for a surprise(oooh, maybe some of these books for a giveaway).
- ‘Without the chalk door, I might tell Miss Cassidy about all the sad things that have split my heart into pieces. I might tell her about all the bad dreams and voices, or even spill secrets I’d promised to keep. I’m afraid of how much that will hurt, afraid of what it may cost. But I know Clara is right. I am tired of carrying so many dark and broken things inside me. I can never do magic with so many fears, hurts, and secrets. They weigh down my heart like a stone.’ —pg 298
I know I will not soon forget this story-I don’t think anyone could. I would love to know what happens to Ellie in the future and while this story was a sad one, it thankfully ends on a positive note and for that I am glad. This is a great debut novel by Jayne Pupek and I look forward to reading her next novel. You can visit Jayne Pupek’s site here and you can purchase this book here in the US and here in Canada.