The Threadbare Heart, releasing May 4, 2010, is author Jennie Nash’s newest novel. To celebrate its publication, and in honor of Mother’s Day, she’s running a ―Favorite Fictional Mother & Daughter contest.
What is The Threadbare Heart about (from Jennie’s website)…
The Threadbare Heart is a love story inspired by my mother’s recent marriage to a man she met on the same blind date where she met my dad, 54 years ago. It’s a mother-daughter story, as well. Readers of my last book, The Only True Genius in the Family, won’t be surprised to hear that the mother-daughter relationship is fraught with jealousy and tension. This time, however, I really amped it up. At the same time that a daughter loses the great love of her life, her mother — a woman in her mid-70s — gains the great love of her own. In the midst of all this, a prized piece of fabric, which the daughter has been saving for more than 40 years, is the last thing saved from a house destroyed by wildfire. That piece of fabric becomes the bridge between a mother and a daughter torn apart by grief, jealousy and misunderstanding. — Jennie Nash
Sounds great doesn’t it! I haven’t had a chance to read The Threadbare Heart yet( I’m anxious to though!) but I have read The Only True Genius in the Family and loved it! Jennie is a fantastic author and one of my favorites! You can read Chapter 1 of The Threadbare heart here to get a little taste.
How do you Enter this Fantastic Contest! Please note the contest is open to US residents only!
- Send me your essay of 250 words telling me who your favorite fictional mother-daughter pair is either from a book you’ve read or from a film you’ve watched. Which ones have stuck in your mind – did they make you laugh, cry, or stomp up and down. Share them with me.
- Send your entry to me at: bj19662001@ yahoo.ca and be sure to put Mother’s Day Contest in the subject line to alert me to your entry.
- Please note you must choose only 1 blog to enter on – you cannot enter on all blogs. All additional entries will be disqualified. So be sure to enter on my blog so that I get to read your essay! If you’d like – you can see all participating blogs here on Jennie’s website.
- All entries must be received by me no later than Saturday, May 8, 2010 and I will choose 1 winner. This winner will be based on how your story impacted me – if it stood out for me and made me say wow.
- I will announce the winner on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 9, 2010 and post their entry on my blog. The winner will receive a signed copy of The Threadbare Heart from Jennie Nash and be entered for the Grand Prize draw!
- On May 16, 2010 author Jennie Nash will be choosing the Grand Prize Winner from the winning entries from each of the participating blogs. This winner will be announced on the participating blogs, twitter and her website.
What does the Grand Prize Winner Win!
The Grand Prize winner will receive a ―Book Club in a Box — ten signed copies of The Threadbare Heart, a call-in from the author, and a delicious rum cake to share with your book-reading friends. (Why rum cake? You’ll have to read the book to understand! Jennie’s picked out a cake by a baker named Kelli because she started selling rum cakes when she lost her baking buddy to cancer and she loved her story – and she happens to think that good stories are a big part of a good life.)
Have fun with this contest everyone and I can’t wait to read your essays! Good luck!