I am very excited to spotlight my friend and author Millenia Black’s novels The Great Betrayal and The Great Pretender. I belong to a book club called The Reading Cove with Millenia and that’s where I originally met her last year. She has recently brought down the eBook price on her two novels to .99 on Amazon so I thought it would be great to spotlight them and make people aware of this and get the word out there! Stay tuned at the end of the post for the great Giveaway as well!
By all appearances, the Cavanaughs of West Palm have an ideal marriage and family life-the perfect home with few complications. Leslie, the beautiful mother, shines brightly in corporate America. Her adoring husband, Luke, is movie-star handsome and an award-winning architect. Their privileged daughter, Kathryn, enjoys the best that life has to offer.
But castles built on sand are eventually washed away by the sea.
Leslie Cavanaugh is not who she claims to be-she’s a woman with a painful secret that’s about to shake the entire family to its core. And she’s not the only one playing a game of deception. Her daughter is risking more than the family’s good name with her search for love and attention in all the wrong places, and Leslie finds the unmistakable clues that her husband is having an affair. As she struggles to hold her family together, nothing can prepare her for the most intimate betrayal of all.
For over six years, Reginald Brooks pulled it off: Having two families, leading two lives. Now, pretending must stop. But how?
THE GREAT PRETENDER…an electrifying tale of how one man’s attempt to untangle his life sets a full-fledged arena of husband against wife, lover against lover, friend against friend, and family against family. Once you begin this engaging tale, you witness how a decision to pretend ricochets through the lives of several people. For some, escape is the only solution…
Reginald Brooks—a polished marketing VP who shrewdly built a dual life around his work. But without warning, that life begins to come apart at the seams and Reginald makes a decision that could threaten his very future, and the lives of those he loves most…
Tracy Brooks—Reginald’s wife of nearly 20 years. While the cat’s away…She’s got secrets of her own to protect…
Renee Jameson—the younger woman with the killer body who managed to turn Reginald’s head long enough to become pregnant…
Franklin Bevins—a UPS executive and Reginald’s best friend since the carefree days of childhood. Reggie has never made a life-changing decision without Frank’s input; a practice they may soon live to regret…
Olivia Brooks—Reginald and Tracy’s eldest daughter. Family isn’t very high on Olivia’s list of priorities. Primarily focused on a man, Olivia seems nonchalant about the changes in her family’s life until a shocking demand gets her full attention…
Valerie Brooks—the younger of Reggie and Tracy’s two daughters. A curious teen on the verge of adulthood when a hard knock lesson brings her questionable habits to a screeching halt.
From the plush streets of Miami to the glamour of New York City, follow the families of Reginald Brooks as their lives of sex, love, hate and surprise unfold to an agonizing climax! This debut novel by Millenia Black is anticipated to spark a tantalizing blend of emotions, and may even leave you wondering if perhaps you know someone who might be…THE GREAT PRETENDER.
Please visit Millenia Black’s website!
Millenia Black, the author of The Great Betrayal and The Great Pretender, has offered up a fabulous and very generous giveaway for all of you! The first prize will be a $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com and there will also be 2 paperback copies of The Great Betrayal and 2 paperback copies of The Great Pretender given away to 4 lucky winners! Everyone can enter for the books but there are a few rules to entering for the gift certificate so read on how to be enter and be eligible for it…
To enter for the $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com:
- You get 1 entry for each time you tweet about The Great Betrayal and The Great Pretender eBooks being on for .99 on Amazon.com up to 1 entry per day until the end of the giveaway on April 2/11.
- You get 1 entry for posting about The Great Betrayal and The Great Pretender eBooks being on for .99 on Amazon.com on your blog as well (clicking on the book titles will take you to their link on Amazon.com). Please send me a link to your post and if you keep it on your sidebar for the whole of the giveaway I will put your name in for 5 extra entries. Again, please provide the link to your blog and let me know you are leaving it in your sidebar.
- You must provide me the link to your tweet each day.
- You can come back and enter only once a day for Twitter until the end of the giveaway on April 2/11 to be entered to win the $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com.
- Please be sure to leave me a way to contact you with your tweets in case you are the winner of the gift certificate.
- Leave me a separate comment to enter for the paperbacks please with a way to contact you.
- If you blog (sidebar is great as well) or tweet about the giveaway for the paperback copies I will give you 5 extra entries towards the books.
This giveaway will be open to everyone, worldwide! Please help me spread the word about my friend Millenia Black’s The Great Betrayal and The Great Pretender on at such a fabulous price for the eBooks at .99 each on Amazon.com! I will be doing a separate draw for the gift certificate and the books through Random.org so be sure you leave me separate comments as you only have to enter once to be eligible for the books. I will draw for all the lucky winners on Saturday, April 2, 2011. Good luck everyone!
© 2010, Darlene of Peeking Between the Pages. All Rights Reserved. If you’re reading this on a site other than Peeking Between the Pages or Darlene’s Feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.