I’m pleased to welcome Linda Wisdom, author of A Demon Does it Better, to Peeking Between the Pages today. I reviewed A Demon Does it Better yesterday (my review) and I just loved it. I haven’t read a book of hers yet that I haven’t liked and I fully intend to read the others. I really do love any books dealing with witches – I only wish I had more time to read more of them. In the meantime Linda was nice enough to take the time to answer a whole bunch of questions I asked her so I hope you’ll all enjoy our little chat…
1. A Demon Does It Better was fantastic! I couldn’t put it down. Would you like to share a bit about it with my readers.
LW: Lili and Jared’s book has to do with our witchy MD Lili Carter who’s returned to San Francisco and Crying Souls Hospital and Asylum to find out what happened to a friend of hers who disappeared from the hospital. What she doesn’t expect to find is that more nurses and doctors have disappeared from there, to meet a lost little girl ghost wandering the asylum, a scary dragon shiifter head nurse or an incredibly sexy patient who’s branded a homicidal maniac. Still, what man is perfect? :}
2. The Demon series all have fantastic covers but A Demon Does It Better is extra hot! Did you have any say in the cover art?
LW: I am asked for cover suggestions when I provide character descriptions. I love this one. Demons Are A Girl’s Best Friend was all my idea!
3. I noticed Maggie (loved her!) from A Girl is a Demon’s Best Friend made an appearance in A Demon Does It Better. Will the witches Lili and Maggie be making appearances in future books? They are both fantastic characters.
LW: Yes, they’ll show up. I also want to write novellas with the past characters.
4. If A Demon Does It Better was made into a movie, which by the way, would make a fantastic flick, who would you cast in the lead roles especially considering how hot the leading men in your Demon series are.
LW: The latest actor who’s been rolling around in my head is Sam Worthington, but I could see him more as vampire Nick. Still, darken Sam’s hair and I could see it. I haven’t seen anyone yet for Lili. I’d love to hear who the readers would choose.
5. Would you like to share a bit about your other books with everyone? I have enjoyed both the Jazz Tremaine series and your Demon series. You’re definitely my go to author for the paranormal.
LW: The two series are intertwined since both deal with the expelled witches from the Witches Academy in 1313. Jazz Tremaine, a curse eliminator in the Hollywood area (that and Beverly Hills keeps her busy), is sassy and snarky and looks to be finally settling down with her vampire honey, Nick Gregory. Stasi Romanov owns a lingerie/romance novel boutique in a small mountain town and has hooked up with a sexy wizard attorney. She shares the building and living quarters with another witch, Blair Fitzgerald, whose shop carrying vintage items is popular with the tourists. Blair’s hooked up with local carpenter, Jake Harrison, who happens to be a Were Border collie. Maggie O’Malley is my kickass witch. A team leader with the Hellion Guard who overlooks all the supernatural creatures, she’s someone you don’t mess with. Right now, she’s got a half fire demon as a mate and guardian of a teenage girl that makes her crazy most of the time.
6. I love your witchy tales Linda. What inspired you to write books like these and do your novels require any research or just an extra creative and imaginative mind?
LW: I wish I could tell you, but all I know is Jazz popped into my head with her story. I knew I wanted to write about a 700 yr old witch, and she finished what I needed.
7. On a personal note what do you like to do when you have some time to yourself and you’re not busy writing?
LW: With my mother’s failing health the past couple years I didn’t have as much time, but when I did it was reading and dog time. We have incredible wineries in the next town and I love visiting them.
8. Do you have a favorite place where you like to do your writing?
LW: I’m usually at my laptop with the TV and dogs nearby. If I do some writing longhand, I’m either curled up in a chair or on the bed. Also with the dogs. :}
9. So what’s next Linda? I hope there’s more to come in the Demon series but do you maybe have another series for us in the works as well?
LW: A lot of things. I will be putting Thea’s book up myself along with a YA urban fantasty book and a Jazz and Nick novella titled Hotel Hex. After that definitely more witch books. They won’t let me stop.
10. Finally, is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers?
LW: I hope readers will also check out my backlist books that are re released as ebooks. I have some up at the usual places and also at www.joyridebooks.com I’ve had a lot of fun going through these books again.
Thanks so much for visiting Peeking Between the Pages today Linda and thanks for another great book in A Demon Does It Better.
ABOUT A DEMON DOES IT BETTER BY LINDA WISDOM – IN STORES JANUARY 2012
A madhouse is not place for a curious witch…
After more than a century, Doctor Lili Carter, witch healer extraordinaire, has returned to San Francisco and taken a job at Crying Souls Hospital and Asylum, where something peculiar and wicked I shappening. Patients are disappearing, and Lili wants to know why.
And double dangerous for a demon…
Lili finds herself undeniably attracted to perhaps the most mysterious patient of all—a demented but seriously sexy demon named Jared. What’s behind the gorgeous chameleon demon’s late-night escapades?
Before long, Lili and Jared are investigating each other—and creating a whole new kind of magic.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Linda Wisdom has published more than 70 novels with 13 million copies sold worldwide including traditional, paranormal, humor, action/adventure romance, and romantic suspense. Her bestselling books have been nominated for RT Book Reviews awards and the Romance Writers of America Rita Award. She lives with her husband in Murrieta, California. For more information, please visit www.LindaWisdom.com.
I have 2 copies of A Demon Does it Better by Linda Wisdom to share with my readers. To enter…
- For 1 entry simply leave me a comment entering the giveaway.
- For 2 entries, follow my blog. If you already do, thank you, and please let me know so I can pass the extra entry on to you as well.
- For 3 entries, blog or tweet this giveaway to spread the word.
This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only (no PO boxes) and I will draw for the winners on Saturday, February 4/12. Good luck everyone!