Sunday Sam

January 27th, 2013

Happy Sunday everyone!  I think that will be the new title to my Sunday posts.  I may have to tie Sam down to get pictures but I’ll give it my best shot.  Things have been quiet over the last few weeks because I’ve been sick.  I haven’t been able to shake this awful flu bug that’s gripping our city.  I think a lot has to do with the horrible winter we’re having weather wise.  It just keeps snowing and snowing and it’s pretty cold out most days.  It’s getting a little depressing already with all the snow and we have a few more months to go yet.

On the reading front I haven’t been doing a lot.  Things will pick up this week with a few reviews.  I have The Forgotten Queen by D.L. Bogdan up for review tomorrow and later in the week I have The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society up for review.  There will be a few giveaways too so be sure to stop by and check them out.  Starting in February things will be picking up a bit more.  I’ll see if I can manage to get some of my blogging mojo back or not.

In the meantime Sam will keep me happy and hopefully you guys too with a few pictures.

sam pose

Ok Mommy.  Enough is enough.  I want to play!  NOW!

sam-xmas

Mommy, what the badoodles is this???  Why is it singing to me?  Mommy, I’m really not at all sure I like this.  (Mommy bought Sammy a Christmas card that sang.  He growled at it. LOL)

sammy pose

Did you know if I pose really pretty and stay when she says stay that she gives me a treat!  Yes, a treat!  Who knew.  I think I may have to try and milk that a bit more – I do love my treats!

sammysleeping

I love all these blankies mommy has on the bed for me.  I especially like to crawl under the ivory one and then stick my little nose out. Mommy laughs and laughs and I do like to hear her laugh.  Can you even find me in there?  I try really hard to be invisible.

Hope you all enjoyed Sammy this week.  He is a sweetheart!  Have a good week everyone – if you stop in today let me know what you’ve been up to and what you’re reading. I always love to hear what everyone else is reading.

35 Comments to “Sunday Sam”

1. Mary says:

Sam is a sweetie! I hope you start feeling better, Dar.

2. So cute! And so sorry to hear you have been sick! I am so paranoid about it that I carry hand cleaner with me everywhere!

• admin says:

Jill, I’ve been washing my hands like crazy since winter began but it hasn’t helped this year. The flu is too bad around here.

3. Sandy says:

Everyone has had this flu, it is awful. Good thing you have Sammy to take care of you! My mojo is so gone, I just turned everything off in January in hopes that this would help. The jury is out still. I’m loving this break.

• admin says:

Sandy, this flu is bad for sure. I hear you on the blogging. I’m going to pick things up in February and see if it comes back to me. I hope so because I really do enjoy blogging.

4. Viki S. says:

I just love the photos of Sam, especially the one on the bed :). Thank you for putting a big smile on my face.

5. Patricia N says:

Get better! I don’t envy you that cold weather – bbrrr…
    Patti

6. Beth Hoffman says:

I laughed out loud that Sammy growled at the singing card … HA! He is such a cutie.

Hope you feel better soon, Dar!

• admin says:

Beth, I wish I had gotten a video of him with that card. It was too funny. He couldn’t figure out why this thing was making such a racket. He had a lot of fun this Christmas.

7. Nise' says:

I hope you can feel better soon! I hope my hand washing diligence pays off. Our church has suspended shaking hands during the welcome time to help keep the spread of it down. I love that last picture!

• admin says:

Nise, I wash my hands like crazy but the flu here is exceptionally bad this year. I hope it stays away from you. Hope your tests went well…

8. blodeuedd says:

Lol, he sure is under there :)

9. Jo-Jo says:

That Sammy is so darn cute! Sorry I haven’t stopped by much lately, but I haven’t had time to visit many blogs lately.

• admin says:

Jo-Jo, no worries. I’ve been horrible about visiting blogs lately. I hope to get much better with it this year. I miss knowing what all my blogging buddies are up to.

10. Staci@LifeintheThumb says:

His nose sticking out of the blanket is hysterical!! Last night I feel asleep on the couch (Matt is upnorth riding his snowmobile) and when I got up this morning who was sleeping in OUR bed with her head on Matt’s pillow??? Yep, Lily!!! Dogs are funny most of the time! I hope you get your mojo back but you know it’s okay just to be for a while!!! Love ya!

• admin says:

Staci, I already emailed you so I’ll just say that it’s too cute with Lily doing that. She was making sure you didn’t get lonely. lol.

11. Jenners says:

I had to laugh at that first one because that eye looks just like Romeo’s!! Love it! Hope you get 100% better soon — being sick is awful.

• admin says:

Jenners, I always think the same thing when I see pics of Romeo! lol. I wonder what they’d think of each other if they ever met.

12. susan says:

Get well soon. Sounds like a lot of snow there.

13. Mystica says:

Hope you feel better – Sammy looks so adorable. I love the pictures of him.

14. Haha, he looks up at you so innocently! “OK mom, come on hurry up take the picture.”
    I am so sorry you have been sick! So far most people here have been well. No one I know has been sick.
    As you prob. know – it has been bitter cold here – single digits for a week! Today finally it is above 20 but now we are getting freezing rain and snow.

Take care of yourself girl! Love ya!

• admin says:

Wendy, it’s hilarious – that innocent look. He uses that quite often – that and the puppy dog eyes. I sure hope that flu skips you because it sure is a bad one. Yup it is bitterly cold here today. With wind chills it was 40 below in the morning and most of the day. Very cold! Love ya too!

15. jennygirl says:

{{hugs}} coming your way my friend. I’ve been in the January blues myself with this arctic weather we have had. Had a wee bit of snow Saturday but nothing compared to you. Took Kona out for her walk and she loves it. She like to walk around with snow on her face too.
    Hope you feel better soon :)

• admin says:

Thanks Jen. Both of my dogs have both loved the snow. Even today with it being really cold Sam was still sticking his head in the snowbanks. lol.

16. Lisa says:

At least you’ve had good company while you’ve been sick! Hope your dad didn’t catch the flu, too.

17. Alice Teh says:

I hope you’re feeling much better now, Dar! I love the fonts on your blog.

And hello to Sam!

• admin says:

Hi Alice! I am feeling better. I love the look of my blog after my blog designer Sam did it up for me. Sammy says hello back to you!

18. Amy says:

I’m sorry to read you’ve been sick with the flu and having trouble shaking it. I can relate a bit too, having been sick for a while. It’s pretty miserable, uh? I hope you feel much better very soon, Darlene.

The photos of Sammy wanting to play and posing for treats are soooo cute! I would have trouble not hugging and petting him all the time.