Waiting on Wednesday (Jan 30)

January 30th, 2013

New WoW

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

Gosh it’s been ages since I’ve participated in a Waiting on Wednesday – I miss posting about the books I’m excited about. My pick this week is for a book I’m over the top excited about by a fantastic author who I not only respect but consider a friend as do many bloggers. It’s called Looking For Me by Beth Hoffman and it releases on May 28/13. Beth is the best-selling author of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt which was a book I loved as so many of us did (my review) and she returns with another southern novel that is sure to captivate audiences once again. I love this cover – it’s beautiful!

looking for me

Here’s a bit about it from Beth’s website

“My little brother was so wonderstruck by the world around him that never once did I hear him cry. He’d sit in that old buggy with his eyes wide and his ears pricked sharp as a deer’s. It seemed to me that nature spoke to him more plainly than any human voice … as if the wind moving through the trees and the subtle change in a blackbird’s song told him the truth of things.”

Each time Teddi Overman leaves her antiques shop in Charleston, South Carolina and visits the Kentucky farm of her youth, she’s drawn to the mysterious beauty of Red River Gorge where her brother Josh went missing. Though his absence remains unimaginable, Teddi builds a life as unexpected and quirky as the customers who frequent her shop. As she comes to terms with the events that shattered her family and finds love in the most surprising way, Teddi must decide what to let go of and what to keep.

In Looking for Me, bestselling author Beth Hoffman brings forth an evocative, multilayered story that moves between the charms of Charleston and Kentucky’s woodlands while exposing the fragile wounds and strengths of a woman who comes to understand the words once written in a simple note and the remarkable boy who penned them.

You can pre-order Looking For Me at:

Amazon.com
Amazon.ca
B&N
IndieBound

Looking For Me sounds fantastic doesn’t it!  Obviously I’m excited to  read it so stay tuned as I’ll be reviewing it.  There is a bit of a wait until May but we all know how fast the time flies by.  In the meantime if you haven’t read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt you really should because it is a beautiful book that you won’t soon forget.  How about the rest of you?  What are you anxiously waiting for?

24 Comments to “Waiting on Wednesday (Jan 30)”

1. Mary says:

I’m looking forward to this one too, Dar. I loved Beth’s first book and, although I know it is a different book altogether, can’t wait for her second.

• admin says:

I agree Mary. Beth is a wonderful author and whether it’s different from her first one or not I’m positive it’s going to be amazing!

2. I must live in a cave! I wasn’t aware of this one, and boy would I love to read this one.

3. I’m so excited about this book, I can hardly stand it!

4. jill says:

Welcome back to WoW! I love Beth, too, and I’m eagerly anticipating this one, as well!

5. Leslie says:

It certainly does sound good! I’m looking forward to reading it too.

6. Beth Hoffman says:

Thank you so much, Dar! I have to admit that I’m crazy excited about this book and can’t wait for the day it hits the bookshelves. I hope you’ll enjoy the story.

• admin says:

Beth, I can just imagine how exciting it is to see your book on bookshelves in the store. I know I’d be beyond the moon over it. I can’t wait to read it as you already know!

7. Catherine says:

Thanks for sharing this pick! I read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt and absolutely loved it. I didn’t know about this new book–adding it to my every growing list.

Here’s my WoW:

8. blodeuedd says:

Oh yes I want this one

9. Connie Fischer says:

You’re absolutely right, Darlene! This does sound like a great book. Now I have to find out what happened to her brother. How does someone just disappear like that? Hmmmm……

What am I waiting for? So many delicious books being released and wishing I had a second set of eyes to read all of them. I love it!

Connie Fischer
    conniecape@aol.com

• admin says:

Connie, there is never enough time to read all the books we want to, is there! lol.

• Connie Fischer says:

There certainly isn’t! My hope is that Heaven has stacks and stacks of books and comfy chairs so I can read into Eternity. Notice I wrote “Heaven.” I guess that means I’m going to have to try and be good to there. For me, that’s tough. Sigh… ;-)

10. zibilee says:

I just got Saving CeeCee Honeycutt on audio, and can’t wait to get to it. I have heard such wonderful things about Hoffman’s writing, and can’t wait to see what’s in store for me in both books. Great pick today!

11. Jenners says:

I’m sure I’ll see this book on tons of blogs very soon!

12. Oh my gosh! This is just what I have been waiting for! CeeCee is one of my very favorite all time reads! You have just made my day!