Sunday Sam

Well another week gone by in a flash!  It’s going to be March in no time and that means spring and I can’t wait to see all this snow gone.  I can’t complain this week because for us it’s been pretty nice weather or what we consider nice anyway.  What has everyone been up to this weekend?  I tackled my laundry and got the bed changed.  I have lots of reading to catch up on so that’s what my focus has been – or would be if I didn’t get distracted so easily.  Lol.

What’s everyone reading?  I’m finishing up Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent for review tomorrow.  I’m enjoying it – it’s a book with a unique twist kind of – well something different anyway and I’ll tell you about that tomorrow.  Also up for reading is Sapphire Sun by Suzi Davis as well as a guest post this week and finally The Girl’s Guide to Love and Supper Clubs by Dana Bate which is coming up for review on Saturday.  So as you can see a busy reading week so I’d better quit getting distracted right!

Poor little Sammy had his shots this past week and I had to leave him at the vets for the day because last year he had a bad reaction.  It broke my heart to leave him there and it was just a horrible day without him in the house.  I know I have bad memories of leaving Buddy there and I’m not sure if that will ever go away so that I can separate the two and not cry my eyes out.  Anyhow he didn’t have a reaction this year thankfully but this will probably be something we have to do every year just in case.  Yesterday though he didn’t seem to feel himself so we’ll see how he is today – hopefully much better.  I do have a few photos for you so enjoy your Sammy fix…

samspillow

Awwww, this is all I felt like doing after my shots.  I scratched myself up a pillow and went to sleep…

climbingthebank

By Saturday though I was feeling much more like myself and thought I’d try climbing this snowbank to get to the lady walking down the street.  It didn’t work so well though…

sam

I know I’m the cutest ever with my big furry coat but I’ve heard talk of a haircut coming soon.  Yikes!  I’ll have to find somewhere good to hide…

Awwwww

Maybe I’ll just hang out under this table and stay there!  Just maybe if I’m lucky she won’t find me…

That’s all for this week folks.  I hope you’re all having a great weekend and that your week ahead is a good one!

Comments

1. says

Sammy is so cute! I hope he’s feeling more like himself every day.
    I’m reading Sheila Roberts’ upcoming Icicle Falls book What She Wants.

2. says

Aw, poor Sammy. Milou had a reaction from her shots one year – after that, they divided them and give them a week apart. She never had a problem after that. Sammy is so cute on his little homemade pillow!

3. says

I’m glad Sam did better with his shots this time – no fun for kids or pups! Most of my reading time was spent on Vanity Fair this week, which is much improved after a slow start. Today I’ll be reading Barbara Pym’s A Glass of Blessings. Have a great week!

• admin says

JoAnn, I had tried listening to Vanity Fair but it didn’t capture my interest. It’s probably just not the right time for me to tackle it. I will though.

4. says

What a cutie! I don’t blame him one bit about the shots or the haircut. Hide Sammy, Hide!!!

I’m reading Wingfield’s World: The Complete Letters from Wingfield Farm by Dan Needles.

• admin says

Marie, I’m lucky he at least doesn’t ignore me when I do things he doesn’t like or I’d be in trouble. He does take off and hide under the table though and I can’t really get under there.

• admin says

Awwww Harvee, I remember that feeling after Buddy passed and I would see other dogs. I’m glad Sammy helps in some way.

5. says

Ah, that is so cute that Sammy made himself a pillow! Glad to hear he didn’t have a reaction this time and glad to see he was up enjoying the snow by the next day.

6. says

Sonia had her shots this weekend too! I’m glad Sammy did well and those pictures are cute. Finishing up House Girl today, hopefully…and then preparing a week of posts for when I’m on vacation next week so I can concentrate on other things.

7. says

Poor Sammy! The Otter Pup’s shots were all 3 year shots except for bordatella so she is due for that one. I’ve been putting it off. Every time they do shots they take them from you to the back, and last time…she hung her head in that “I know you are leaving me here” way and it broke my heart. I am going to insist they do it with me holder her.

• admin says

Ti, don’t you just hate that look. Sam gave me that look as the vet’s technician took him and it broke my heart. My vet always does the shots himself right in the exam room thankfully.

8. says

Awwww!!! These pics are SO sweet! I love his pillow :) I’m sorry he had to stay at the vet after shots, but it sounds like it was for the best in case of an emergency. I’m glad he’s feeling better!

9. Beth Hoffman says

Bless Sammy’s little heart. I’m sorry he had to stay at the vet’s, but at least he didn’t have a reaction this time. The pics are so cute, I love how he makes himself a pillow out of one end of the rug … adorable!

• admin says

Beth, I was so relieved he was ok this time. If you think the pillow is cute you should see the amount of rug he digs out with his paws.

10. says

I also caught up on laundry. Now there’s a mountain of ironing, but that’s ok.
    I also finally finished Middlemarch! YEA! enjoyed it but it’s such a big book. Wrote a few draft reviews, and not much else.

Glad Sam did well with his shots. I would have been scared too! sleeping doggies are the cutest :)
    Enjoy your week Darlene.

11. says

Awww…poor baby. I’m sure it was hard to leave him there … the house feels so empty with him, I’m sure! And they have quite a talent for making pillows for themselves don’t they? Romeo does the same thing. He loves having his head elevated!

12. carla says

Sammy is so cute and adorable as always. I bet the folks at the vets spoil him, how could they resist loving on that cute face!
    Glad he is having fun in the snow!
    Been listening to Midnight Catch by Norman Gilliland which has been very good. Just finished reading Zachary Taylor by John Eisenhower and it was good too. Loved that he had his war horse, Old Whitey, on the White House lawn!
    Have a good week! They are predicting we get another 6-10″ snow Monday/Tuesday. Enough already!

13. says

Poor Sammy 😕 I always feel so bad they have to have shots…it is no fun at all! He is so darn cute though :) I hope all is well with you Dar! Here is to hoping that we both start getting some sunshine and a little less snow!