Prayers for Sammy

December 29th, 2013

sammy5

For those of you who don’t follow me on Facebook I thought I should post what’s been happening in my world lately as I’ve been pretty absent from the blog for the past few weeks.  My Sammy hasn’t been feeling his best so I took him in to the vet and after some extensive blood work we find out that he has something wrong with his liver as it is showing as injured.  For now the vet has him on antibiotics and a few other medicines in addition to a bland diet hoping we can get his tummy calmed down and in turn calm the liver down.

All of my readers know that having just lost Buddy a few years ago this is especially hard.  So many bad memories have come rushing back and I want so bad to understand why this has to happen to Sammy too.  I am trying hard to stay positive because it’s better for Sammy but I’m such an emotional person that it’s hard not to just sit in tears.  He’s the sweetest dog with such a big heart and he sure doesn’t deserve to be sick.  I’m praying that after the next set of tests we will see his liver enzymes down and hopefully it can be a matter of being on meds for his life.  I’m ok with that as long as I have him.

I’m not sure how much I’ll be around the blog for the next bit anyway.  My concentration level is nil and I’m even having issues with audiobooks but maybe once I calm down a bit again I can once again turn to reading for some comfort.

So for those of you who pray I would appreciate it if you can keep my Sammy in your prayers.

35 Comments to “Prayers for Sammy”

1. Bonnie says:

I’m so sorry to hear the news about Sammy. I hope he has a swift recovery and will send good thoughts. Please take care of yourself.

2. blodeuedd says:

Oh no, not Sammy. *hugs*

3. Viki S. says:

I’m sending prayers for Sammy and you. Big hugs.

4. Oh, no!! I hope Sammy is feeling better soon…sending prayers for both of you.

5. Sarah says:

I’m so sorry to hear this! I will be keeping you and Sammy in my thoughts. Sarah

6. Dar, here’s to hoping tings turn around for Sammy.
    Hugs to both of you.

7. I am so sorry you’re having to go through this again. I’m sending prayers and hugs to you and Sammy.

8. Beth Hoffman says:

Oh, no … I love your sweet boy and I just hate hearing that Sammy isn’t well. I’ll be praying for you and Sammy every single day. I sure wish I lived closer so I could drop by and give you a hug and emotional support.

Sending prayers and love you way, Dar!

9. Rhonda says:

Thoughts&prayersvwithnyou&sweet. Sammy.

10. Connie Fischer says:

Bless his little heart. Hold and love him. Talk to him and pet him. Tell him so many people love him so much and he must get better for all of his friends. That calming influence from you is probably the best medicine of all. Hugs and prayers for you, Dar, and Sammy.

11. Louise Jolly says:

I am sooo sorry about Sammy. You and Sammy are definitely in my prayers. We just lost two of our dogs. Two German Shepherds (Nellie & Shadow) who were biological sisters we’ve had since they were 6 weeks old, they were 10 when they paased. Now I’m done to my one little Chihuahua, Maggie.

Please know that I will say extra special prayers for little Sammy.

Louise
    Peterborough, Ontario

12. Ann says:

I know how heartbreaking it can be to feel so helpless when our loved ones are sick. I lost one of my dogs in November. Thinking of you and Sammy.
    Ann

13. Patricia N says:

Thoughts and prayers for both of you. Keep us posted.

14. Ti says:

I saw your post on FB but I wanted to come here too to let you know that I am thinking of you both. He’ll be okay. He’s got your love and great care. Hugs.

15. Melissa says:

I’m so sorry, Dar! I’ll keep him in my prayers every day until he gets better!

16. Mariag says:

I am sorry to hear about your dog Sammy. My dog Ginger means the world to me and I can imagine how difficult this must be for you. Stay positive and all the prayers sent your way can only help in his recovery.

17. techeditor says:

This makes me want to cry–really.I’ve been there, and it gives me a stomach ache to hear about someone else going through the same thing. Prayers for little Sammy.

18. Freda Mans says:

Sending prayers, positive vibes and (((HUGS)))

19. Praying for you and Sammy.

20. Mishel says:

Darlene I’m so sorry about Sammy. I remember how hard it was for you when Buddy passed. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your baby.

21. Lisa says:

Oh, Dar, I’m so sorry to hear about Sammy. I know your heart is still breaking over the loss of Buddy and I know how much you love Sammy. You and Sammy will absolutely be in my prayers! Don’t worry about the blog, just take care of your boy.

22. Sandra K321 says:

I hope the vet can figure out what’s wrong and get poor Sammy back to feeling better. I’m sure you’re so very anxious; my thoughts are with you!

23. Mary says:

I’m praying the vet can figure things out and get Sammy back on the road to good health. Sending you hugs as well, Dar.

24. Patoct says:

Praying for your little pal. May he be well soon.

25. Rebecca says:

Darlene,
    I just came across your blog and I’m so sorry to hear that your reading pal is not feeling well. Hopefully the vet can find a solution to make him better. I also just lost a dog a year ago and then a few months ago the other dog was diagnosed with cancer. Where there was nothing I could do for the first dog, we caught the tumors in the other dog early and had them removed. Tasha got a second chance at life and I so enjoy having her around. Feel better and love your pal while you can. Hope he will be with you for a long time to come.

26. Jessica M says:

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. My golden retriever, Haley, was also diagnosed with liver disease a couple of years ago. She has cirrhosis of the liver which is supposed to be the final stage of liver disease. Ever since we found out we put her on a special diet and 3 different medications to help keep the portion of her liver healthy that hasn’t been affected by the cirrhosis. She’s had liver disease for probably about two or three years now. I just wanted to let you know that liver disease is not a death sentence. Haley is now 13 and she’s doing moderately well. We’re having some issues with keeping weight on her and she also is very incontinent but other than that she’s okay. She still seems very healthy. I just wanted to share my story with you and I pray that it will give you some hope. This book has helped me a lot with trying to find out what kinds of foods dogs can eat with liver disease and it also mentions a lot of different supplements that are supposed to help. Here’s the link to the book if you want to check it out. http://www.amazon.com/Hope-Healing-Liver-Disease-Your/dp/1410799832

If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I’m not an expert or anything but I can tell you what we’ve tried with my dog if you’re interested. Right now we’re about to put her on steroids to try to get her to eat more.

27. Samantha says:

Awww poor Sammy! I’m praying for him and for you because I cannot imagine how stressful this must be for you! I will keep you guys in my thoughts. Keep us updated!

28. I truly hope that the meds can help him get stabilized. He’s such a cutie! My heart goes out to you.

29. Dar I am so sorry to hear Sammy is not well. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the New Year will be a good one for both of you! Keep us posted.

30. Hope Sammy feels better soon. You’re both in my thoughts and prayers.

31. Suko says:

Darlene, I’ve been away for the holidays and have just read this post about sweet Sammy, who has my prayers. Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year.

32. sylvie sevigny says:

Hi Dar,
    I am praying for your sweet little Sammy. I know how heartbreaking this must be, I was sad for you when you lost Buddy.
    Sammy will be alright, stay positive for him, you are willing to put him on meds ( a lot of people do not ) this is such a step in the right direction and your love for Sammy.
    I used to have a blog, “Madeleine’s books and photo blog” maybe you remember me, we go back a long time.
    Oliver is now 14 and has liver issues, Sammy is young which is a plus, if Oliver is dealing with his issues I have to believe Sammy will to….dear Dar…it never gets easier…I wish our furry children would live a longer life.
    Praying for Sammy and you Dar ,
    Sending both of you much love ♥
    Oliver sends lots of woof-woof to Sammy ♥

33. Connie Fischer says:

Bless your heart. I am hurting for you too. I love my furry babies so much and spend every minute of the day showing them that love. They own our hearts. My prayers will be for sweet Sammy. Hopefully, his body will heal and he will be well again. Hugs to you both.

34. Lily B says:

oh no, I hope your puppy dog feels better :( my heart goes out to the both of you.